Sunday, July 13, 2008

Insect festival at Quail Botanical Gardens

So, what visit to see their grandson and what Sunday would be complete without a visit to the last day of the insect festival at the Botanical gardens which Quinn goes to classes at periodically? We visited the gardens with Quinn's buddy Kaede and his little brother, Darcy and their parents. As you can see, Quinn had quite a fun time with papa Dave and grandma Carole Anne tasting crickets (yes, he might have eaten it had an antenna not come loose in his mouth...ugh), petting birds, watching bees make honey and coloring and learning alot about the wild world of bugs... Quinn was able to match the model train go by and play in the garden with the stone statues and dig for dinosaur bones. You might also notice Yoda in the photos. we are still not sure why he might have been there but, it made for a cute photo and all Quinn would say is, " I need that, I need him, I need Yoda". Needless to say, Yoda stayed at the kids garden and the bug festival. Cheers!